Latest: Facebook Like Our Facebook Page For More Updates! | Twitter: @Tech_Terms

Tuesday 22 December 2009

How to Get Google to Send Traffic to Your WordPress Blog


After recently moving a number of blogs from Blogger to a hosted WordPress Blog I discovered a BIG problem, Google stopped sending me traffic.


I managed to resolve the problem, and after a lot of hardwork, frustration and after what seemed like a life time, Google has started sending traffic to my new WordPress blog. I naively thought that this would be straight forward process and I wasn't alone as when I first started writing about this issue on my blog I was surprised to find that this is a common problem.


So when I finally found the solution I thought I would create an article and summarise the steps taken to resolve the problem.


It was certainly easier to get Google traffic to a blogger hosted blog as most of this process seemed to be automated.


These are the 7 steps I followed to get Google to send traffic to my WordPress blog:


Step 1: Tell Google your site exists, go to Google's add URL page and enter your sites details.


Step 2: Register an account with Google Webmaster tools. This will give you a meta tag so that you can be tracked by Google's tool set, by using the Google Integration Toolkit plugin for WordPress.


Step 3: Install the Google Integration Toolkit plugin for WordPress. This plugin is useful to integrate a number of different Google tools into your blog i.e. Webmaster toolkit, AdSense, & Analytics.


Step 4: Install the XML-Sitemap plugin for WordPress. This plugin is useful as it automatically creates and updates a XML-Site map of your site. Sitemaps are useful as they help search engines like Google crawl through your site.


Step 5: Install the All in One SEO plugin for WordPress. This plugin allows you to potentially increase your page ranking by incorporating SEO techniques into your blog. When you create a post a new section becomes visible which allows you to fill in a few details for SEO, then the plugin does the rest.


Step 6: Create some internal links. Google appears to like internal links, so I wrote a blog post which linked to every other post.


Step 7: Allow Google to see your site. Make sure your robots.txt file allows Google to crawl through your site - Google WebMaster tools can easily provide a working robots.txt file. There is also an option in the privacy settings of WordPress to block or allow search Engines, make sure this is set to allow.


I hope these 7 steps help some people out there.


  • MBT Icons and buttons

    Tips And Tricks

    Our resources have been successfully got many tricks and tips and shared here too much. Check Yours!

  • choosing webhost for a blog

    Mobile Zone

    Mobile Reviews Shared with thier latest tricks and tips!

  • SEO Settings for blogger

    SEO

    Learn every single SEO tip that will boost your blog's ranking and organic traffic. We got them all!

  • Blogger widgets and plugins

    Check Softwares

    Why not take a tour of all great softwares? You Name it we have it!

  • become a six figure blogger!

    Get Facebook Tricks

    Learn Facebook Tricks!