What You Must Know
- Windows 2000 SP3 or later, Windows XP (local scans only on computers running Windows XP that use simple file sharing), Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008
- The latest Windows Update Agent (WUA) client; MBSA automatically updates computers that need an updated WUA client if the option Configure computers for Microsoft Update and scanning prerequisites is selected.
- IIS 5.0, 5.1 or 6.0 (required for IIS vulnerability checks)
- SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2.0 (required for SQL vulnerability checks)
- Microsoft Office 2000, Office XP, or Office 2003 (required for Office vulnerability checks)
- The following services must be installed or enabled: Server service, Workstation service, Remote Registry service, File & Print Sharing, and the DCOM updates and firewall exceptions (required for security update checks)