Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Activating the Hidden Administrator account in Windows7
Through User Account Control
1. Go to your Start menu and right-click on the My Computer icon.
2. Choosing Manage from the list will prompt a User Account Control (UAC).
3. When you are done, the Computer Management console will appear. Expand the Local Users and Groups option with the use of the arrow next to it and choose Users folder.
4. You can now select the Administrator Account and go to the Actions panel to open More Actions.
5. Choose Properties to open the Administrator Properties dialog box and uncheck the option labeled Account is Disabled.
6. When done, click OK to confirm changes.
7. The Administrator account should now be present on your log in screen.
With Command Prompt
1. Go to your Start menu and in Accessories list, open Command Prompt by right-clicking on its icon and choosing Run as Administrator
2. When the Command Prompt window appears, enter the command net user administrator /active:yes 3. When done, log out from your current account. Just add a No instead of yes to deactivate the account.
4. The Administrator account should now be present on your log in screen